Saturday, February 13, 2010

India vs. South Africa, 2nd Test Preview

Typically, I rate Test matches involving India as -

  • Good, when India wins
  • Better, when Sachin enthralls with a totally awesome inning (or two!)
  • Best, when Sachin enthralls and India win

This time, I am slightly adjusting my ratings as -

  • Good, if Paul Harris gets thrashed
  • Better, if Paul Harris gets thrashed and goes wicketless
  • Best, if Paul Harris gets thrashed by Sachin and goes wicketless

Yep. I don’t care if India wins or not. Well, actually I do. But, I am really hoping that the Indians teach Harris a lesson or two.

Gambhir vs. Steyn/Morkel and Sehwag/Sachin vs. Harris, I think are the key matchups for India’s batting. As for the bowling, turning pitch or not, I have no idea how we are going to get twenty South African wickets. Maybe Sreesanth will deliver a miracle?

No comments:

Post a Comment