Sunday, March 17, 2013

Lamb Dosa

The other day at our favorite dosa place in town, my daughter watched me gorge on my dosa and said -

"You are enjoying your dosa Appa."

"Oh yeah, it is very tasty. It is a little spicy. You want to try some?"

"What is it?"

"It is lamb"

With a shocked expression and misty eyes, she asked "Are you eating a baby lamb?"

Totally unprepared for this question, I stuttered "No kanni, it is not a baby lamb... It is an old adult lamb."

"No, big one is a sheep. Lambs are babies."

"Anyway, it was already dead." I tried to console her.

"Amma, did you know that he is eating a baby lamb?" she continued in her accusing tone, almost crying.

By then I had lost my appetite and pushed my plate away "Sorry, I didn't know. I won't eat it again!"

Maybe the time has come for me to quit eating meat, I thought to myself. "But.. they are sooo tasty...", the part of me that grew up on meat whispered, "are you sure you want to give up?".







3 comments:

  1. You can improve your sports performance training and performance if you practice the correct sports recovery techniques. Often overlooked, here are important sports recovery facts .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Given that are living revenues have the use of chat rooms, online boards, as well as online question as well as remedy sessions, NFL Live Streamingyou'll be able to produce a excellent method of trading using your potential shoppers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The NFL Draft results are dependent upon the order that teams select players. Even with live stream free Kansas City getting the honor of the first selection this is not always the best thing. What they will do with it could determine a successful draft result or a failure. Kansas City has a real need for a quarterback but may still go with overall #1 favorite Luke Joeckel, OT from Texas A&M.

    ReplyDelete